The good thing about your baby being sick: You get to stay home from work and blog. The bad thing about your baby being sick: You have to stay home from work and THE BABY IS SICK! So, now I am linking up with Becky over at From Mrs. to Mama for my 411.
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
Let's see, I started blogging during my first year of law school and when I was planning my wedding. So, that was 5 years ago. I started blogging to record the things that were going on in my life. And yes, my blog has changed. Last year, there was some drama that went down regarding my blog and so, not only did it change, but I shut down the old one and started this one :)
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I went to college at The University of Tulsa. I got a business administration degree with a specialization in business law. I then went to law school at The University of Tulsa College of Law. I knew that I was going to go to law school so I looked at undergrad as a means to an end and, looking back, I probably wouldn't have gotten a BA, but accounting or finance or just sucked it up and gotten over my chemistry aversion and gotten a nursing degree.
3. Where have you traveled?
I never traveled anywhere until I met B. After graduating from college, B and I went on a Mediterranean cruise. We hit the following places: Barcelona, Nice, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Mykonos (Greece), Ephasus (Turkey), Santorini (Greece), Athens and Napels/Pompei. We actually got engaged in Rome. For our honeymoon, we went to St. Lucia. I HIGHLY recommend St. Lucia if you are interested in a Caribbean vacation.
![]() | |
| Top Row Left to Right: Ephesus, Athens, Pompei; Second Row: Santorini, Florence, Rome; Third Row: Rome, Barcelona, The Vatican; Fourth Row: Pisa, Mykonos and Nice. |
![]() |
| Honeymoon |
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
I am so lame. I would pay off my student loans, house and cars. However, I would probably buy a new car and pay off my parents' house/debt and put a lot in savings. LAME!
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Oh I am going to catch so much shit for some of these:
A) Bad grammar. There really is no excuse for misuse of words like where/were/we're; there/their/they're; then/than; your/you're. Ya, I know that makes me snobby or whatever, but it was drilled into me as a child and drives me crazy now.
B) People telling me how to raise my child. This doesn't happen now so much as it did when I was pregnant. It drove me NUTS!
C) Lying, especially when it is for no reason.
6. What is your favorite movie?
All time? Sleeping Beauty. The Disney version.
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
I'm a St. Louis girl at heart. I love me some Bud Light and really just about any beer. Rarely have I found a beer that turns me off. I also prefer water and tea to soda - most of the time.
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Blog, sleep and shop. Clearly, I have been lacking in the "me" time lately and when I've had it have chosen sleep.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Lately, Ann Taylor or Loft probably. That or I'd just go onto Piperlime or Saks or Nordstrom or J Crew. I feel like I'm in this in between time in my life where I don't really have many places I find things I like.
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
It's more of a retrospective embarrassing moment. See, B and I went to the same college, but were never there at the same time. During my junior year, my sorority was participating in Sigma Chi Derby Days (which we won - of course) and my "job" was to stand in front of the judges and dance and pour alcohol down their throats. Well, flash forward to a few months later when B and I start dating. Then a few months after that when I met B's friends and realize that some of them look familiar. Then a while after that when I realize his friends were the aforementioned judges. No one brought it up until last year wherein we made a deal to never speak of it again. Let's put it this way: THIS was my state of mind at the event.
11. What day would you love to relive again?
A few: 1) The last day I was with my Nana before she went into a coma; 2) The day I got engaged; 3) My wedding day; 4) When B Jr was born.
12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Hmmm...I love Reese Witherspoon, but probably Christina Ricci as a blonde.
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I worked at McAlister's Deli during my senior year of HS and summers during college. I also worked at the Alumni office during college, a country club one summer, Carrabba's one summer, and the law library during my first 2 years of law school.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
Oh let's see what I can find. I posted one from college above, but let's find some more shall we:
![]() |
| College |
![]() | ||
| High School |
![]() | |
| I cheered through college and based - check out the thick legs |
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
EVERYWHERE! I know that is cliche, but seriously, all expenses paid, time doesn't matter? I would go everywhere! I would to go shows in NYC with my mom. Australia, Asia, Ireland, Scotland, England, France, Germany, everywhere in Europe! South America. Africa. EVERYWHERE!
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
![]() |
| Love my boys! |
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
BUSY! I see us having at least one more kiddo. Having settled into our house. Still working at my company, but hopefully having moved up a bit. Being married to that sexy man and chasing after my children. Sounds wonderful to me!







LOVED getting to know you better... such a fun post :) And I don't think your lame at all. If you won the lottery you'd be so SMART with that money! It's better to use that money to better your life, than blow it on temporary things that won't get you anywhere.
ReplyDelete