Saturday, September 3, 2011

40 Weeks - We have an end date

This is right after a big dinner last night. I know it doesn't look it, but he has dropped and doc says his head is engaged.
 How Far Along: 40 weeks and 4 days

Size of baby: HUGE!  Honestly, at this point there's no way to tell how big he's going to be.  I know he feels like he's going to be extra large.  I'd anticipate that he's over 20 inches and over 8 pounds.  Wow, my vagina hurts thinking about that.
Total Weight Gain: 28 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Well since I started my maternity leave, I can live in stretchy pants and tank tops and I love it.  With the exception of a few shirts, all my shirts are maternity. 

Gender: Still a boy - B Jr.

Movement: He goes from quiet to CRAZYTOWN to quiet to CRAZYTOWN.  All I know is that he keeps pushing his head really low and it hurts sometimes.

Sleep: Sleep kind of sucks. I wake up a lot and I have trouble getting to sleep.  I am ready for my boy to be here and for him to keep me up instead of just the heat and being uncomfortable.

What I miss:  I miss the same things people miss at this point in their pregnancy.  I miss being able to move freely. I miss really exercising. I miss beer and sushi and wine.  I miss not having to go to the bathroom all the time. I miss tying my own shoes. I miss painting my own toenails. It's worth every second of things, but it doesn't mean that I don't miss things.
 
Cravings: Extra cold water and ice, sweets (especially fruit snacks), fruit in general and lately I've been having salt cravings.
.
Aversions: Mashed Potatoes (if they aren't super flavored), Chicken Wings and mint toothpaste. 

Symptoms: Who even knows anymore. My feet hurt a lot. I have contractions sometimes.  I had really consistent ones on Tuesday, but nothing since then.  Today I did lose my mucus plug (TMI?)  I'm just exhausted all the time and feel emotionally and physically drained. I'm ready for this kid to be here.
Best Moment of the Week: I guess finishing up work.  Other than that this week has been kind of a bummer.  I'm still pregnant and I'm pretty tired of it and not feeling my best.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Once again, getting to TUESDAY.  I mean I guess I could really say that I'm most looking forward to having the baby.  However, I just don't feel like that is going to happen until next week.  We have an induction set to start Tuesday night.  I guess we'll see if anything happens before then.  *SIGH*  I really didn't want to be induced.  I was hoping to have the chance to do this naturally, but I'm really afraid that I won't be able to handle the contractions from the pitocin.  I'm dilated 2 cm and about 50% effaced, but my cervix is still wanting to be somewhat posterior.  SUCKS!  I feel like a cervical failure.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like a cervical failure, too- haha! :) My doc told me at the last appointment that I was 50% effaced and not dilated, when the week before a different doc told me I was 75% effaced and 1 cm dilated. Guess I closed back up? HAH!
    I don't think it's TMI, I think losing the plug is a GREAT sign and so many people are in labor 24 hours after that, so GOOD LUCK!
    If not, at least you have a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Thinking of you and hoping for the best! Keep me updated :)

    Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life)

    ReplyDelete