Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2011 Most Fascinating

Have you ever watched Barbara Walters' 10 Most Fascinating?  I've never really watched it before, but I am right now and am fascinated (har har) by her choices.  Fact: This post could get interesting as I have currently had 2 glasses of wine and that is the most in one sitting for me lately.
  1. Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson.  Umm who DOESN'T watch Modern Family? Seriously, if you don't, you should.  Eric and Jesse play Cam and Mitchell (respectively), a gay couple raising a little Vietnamese baby.  They are so great, I just love them.  I seriously love this couple (fact: Eric is not gay IRL, but plays the more flamboyant of the couple.  Jesse is in fact gay IRL)
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QH8-_IF7vX8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QH8-_IF7vX8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object> (if this doesn't work, please go to this site)
    Seriously, LOVE!  How can you not.  Babs, I agree with this choice.  Good call!   
  2. Simon Cowell.  I feel as though he's probably been on this list before. Blah Blah Blah. I do talent shows. Blah Blah Blah. I fight with Paula.  Blah Blah Blah. I eat really healthy, but smoke.  BORED!
  3. The Kardashians. For some reason, I can't help but love them.  Granted, my love has shifted from Kim to Khloe (I've always been annoyed by Kourtney).  Love or Hate them, they are interesting.  Yes, they are famous because Kim had a sex tape (admittedly, I've never seen it).  With all of the crap they do/say, I loved them. THEN, this fall happened and I can't help but be Team Hump!  I mean really, there are no favors being done this season.  For real!  I am seriously digging Khloe these days though.  She cracks me up and, despite all odds, she and Lamar seem legit.  There are times when they remind me of me and B (when they are goofy and do stupid stuff).  They don't keep anything private, and you know what, that seems to take a lot of guts.  I mean you have to be willing to deal with a LOT of hate and backlash.  Regardless, they are a gorgeous family and I'll be DAMNED if they don't have great hair and make-up.
  4. Herman Cain.  I am so sick and tired of people getting their panties in such a bunch about people and their sex lives.  I mean seriously!  For all we know (and I truly have no opinion about this man and am NOT getting into a political debate) he could be the best president this country could ever have had. I guess all that I have to say is that I fear that one day we are going to miss out on the person who could be the greatest leader of our country because he/she smoked some pot in college/had an affair/loves someone of the same sex/etc. . . Let's get it together people!  These people may have made different choices in life/been born differently than you, but that doesn't mean that they won't make a good leader.  I guess that this one tuned into a rant more than my opinion of Herman Cain. I guess that is just that I don't really care who he slept with/tried to sleep with and I think that it is unfortunate if he would have been a great leader and we won't have the chance to find out.  NEXT!
  5. Katy Perry.  True Story, I have a total girl-crush on Mrs. Russell Brand.  Am I totally proud of that?  No.  Do I care what anyone else thinks?  No.  Do I think her music is totally fun regardless of any message she might put forth?  Yep, you got it!  She is her own person and does her own thing and I dig that.  For some reason, I totally love her and I can't get enough of her!

  6. Derek Jeter. I've dug Jeter for YEARS! I am a big baseball fan (GO CARDS!), but I just thought Jeter was hot.  I've moved on a bit from him, but Mr. Jeter will always have a soft spot in my heart.   Totally adorbs! Way to go, Mr. 3000.
  7.  Donald Trump.  I am VERY rich.  Either there is some great glue on there or the hair is real.  Props to you Donald, not only did you teach Nene Leakes how to be VERY rich, but you have crazy hair.  You are so NOT fired!  (As far as the whole "birther" thing goes, people need to read the Constitution and realize what exactly it takes to be a "natural born citizen."  You do NOT have to be born on US soil.  In fact, you could be born on Pluto - no longer a planet - and, so long as one of your parents was a US citizen, you are a natural born citizen.)  LET'S GET WITH IT PEOPLE!
  8. Amanda Knox.  I was indeed FASCINATED by her story.  Do I think she killed her roommate?  No.  Do I think that something very, very bad happened that night?  Yes.  Do I think her bf looks like Harry Potter?  Absolutely.  I truly hope that she can get her life back together now that she's home.  I truly believe that, no matter what happened, that girl's life has changed and that she will be an upstanding citizen.

  9. Pippa Middleton. Sure, she's a cute (not gorgeous) girl who has a great body, but I seriously don't get the obsession with her booty.  It's flat and small.  HOWEVER, the girl does have a great sense of style. For my opinions on the booty crazy see here.
  10. Steve Jobs.  You changed the way we live.  Thank you for things like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, Toy Story (hello Pixar) and EVERYTHING else he did.  Confession: the first computer I learned on was an Apple. God Bless you, Steve Jobs and Rest In Peace.  I hope to have my "Oh Wow, Oh Wow, Oh Wow." moment one day.
In other news, have you entered the giveaway over at From Mrs. to Mama? No?  That's too bad. You'd be a lot cooler if you did (but not really because I am totally going to win).




No comments:

Post a Comment