So, you know how in the movies/on tv you always see the husband being banished to the living room couch for one reason or another? Well, I've been banished to the living room couch. This is not because B and I are fighting or anything like that. It is because of my poor baby being sick. God bless our awesome Snug-a-Bunny swing. This seat in this wonderful swing will prop up so LB doesn't have to lay flat and have all of the crap draining and he can breathe now - kinda.
Well this great device is in the living. Therefore, I too am in the living room. I never realized how much I would miss being in bed with the husband until now. We've been away from each other for a few nights in the past (he has to go out into the field for work sometimes), but we haven't voluntarily slept in separate beds (minus a couple times right after the babe was born because B wasn't feeling well and needed to get more sleep and having LB in our room was not helping him). I'm starting to notice a pattern here. This little 17 pound, 25 inch, 3 month old (ok so the "little" portion of this statement may not be too accurate) man keeps separating me from my precious sleep with my own personal space heater - B. Well, little man is getting better and hopefully I will soon move back into my bedroom. However, until my little guy gets better, I will sleep in the living room. OH, did I mention the best part of this all? We bought some new tables for the living room a few months ago (2 end tables and a coffee table). This purchase necessitated that we rearrange the furniture in the living room. Well, the SOFA got moved to the other side of the room and the LOVESEAT is now by the swing. So, guess who has been sleeping on the LOVESEAT?!?!! That's right, THIS GAL! Now, I'm not tall by any means. HOWEVER, I am about 5'4" and that is about 5" too long to sleep comfortably on the loveseat. My back is sore. My shoulders hurt. I am incredibly uncomfortable on the loveseat. HOWEVER, as B said the other night, I would sleep on a bed of nails for LB. Love that little man!

No comments:
Post a Comment