So, my son is one month old this week (4 weeks tomorrow, one month from his birth on Thursday so I'll just do a one month post on Wednesday lol). Everyone in our family has met him, that is except for my father in law. My mother in law, sister in law and her husband all came up the weekend after we came home from the hospital. My father in law didn't come with them. Why? Because it would disrupt some of the guys in his bicycle group. B won't admit it, but he's really hurt by all this. I just don't get it. He and I aren't really close and don't really see eye to eye on a lot of things, but I thought THIS would be one thing that he would be jumping to do - be a grandpa. I just don't know what to say about this anymore. Anyway, I'm sad over all of this, but I am exhausted and am now going to bed. However, I will leave you with pictures of what the boy looks like after tummy time.
I'm so sorry... that's gotta be tough. Everyone complains about in-laws being too pushy, but it must be difficult to have the opposite too- too detached. Maybe he doesn't know what he's missing yet. Maybe when he finally meets your little man, he'll fall in love and wont be able to stay away. Try to help him get excited by doing some "grandpa" things for him... a hat, or mug or frame. Kinda nudge him a bit and maybe he'll begin to move! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteBoo. I hope that his attitude changes soon because that is sad for everyone :(
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, how freaking cute is baby B?! Seriously adorable!