Sunday, October 2, 2011

You are NOT tired

So, being the mother of a 3 (almost 4) week old baby is intense.  Most days I feel like a dairy cow and I just watch my son while he does, well not a whole lot because he is only a few weeks old.  However, he has started to make really adorable noises on purpose and I love it.
Anyway, there are lots of things that I have learned about being a new mom, but I'm really more concerned with the things that the husband needs to learn.  Let's use bullet points for efficiency sake.
  • Don't tell your wife that you are tired when YOU didn't get up 4 times in the night.  True, you may have awakened, but you were not up for an hour feeding, changing and soothing the sleep sucking monster (aka my adorable, sweet little boy).  YOU went back to sleep.  So, while your sleep may have been disrupted, it wasn't completely interrupted.  
  • On the nights that you do help (aka the weekends, and I am totally fine with that because he does have to go to work the next day during the week), don't say things like "Oh that was a bad night!" or "Wow, he was up a lot last night."  Likely it's just par for the course.
  • Ok, you're congested and not feeling 100%.  Don't tell me that you took some NYQUIL.  NYQUIL!  That is just like saying "Ya, I have no intention of helping you out tonight."
  • Don't say anything along the lines of, "Aren't you going to _____________?"  This phrase is usually followed with something like "do the dishes/laundry" "clean the kitchen" "cook dinner."  
All of the above statements are typically followed by making the wife/momma all stabby and angry.  Let's be honest, wives/mommas are already exhausted and frustrated and a little stabby from sleep exhaustion and being used as a dairy cow all day every day. 

And now a break from all the stabby feelings and adorable pictures of my boy.

He was not happy with the outcome of the Cowboys game

His "old man" outfit

My family

Love :)


My world


And with that I am headed to bed.  Yes, it is only 8:00 pm. No, I don't care because I have a baby who is asleep right now which means I need to go to sleep too.  Last night he went down around 8:00 and slept until 12:30.  Do you know what kind of heaven I will be in if I can get 4 uninterrupted hours of sleep?

1 comment:

  1. aww, I love the pictures! I think the most annoying thing Lee did when Coop was a newborn was SLEEP THROUGH the nighttime wakings. Cooper even slept IN our room, and Lee would be totally passed out all night and wake up the next morning and say "Did he wake up last night?" And I would give him the glare of death because YES he woke up MANY times!!

    ReplyDelete