Friday, December 9, 2011

"You're about to lose your pants privilege"

This is what I heard the other day as I was fixing dinner in the kitchen.  "You're about to lose your pants privilege."  I thought nothing of it because B says ridiculous things to LB all the time.  HOWEVER, when I later came out of the kitchen I saw that my baby was, in fact, no longer wearing pants. I asked B what was up and this is how the conversation went.

S: Babe, why doesn't the baby have any pants on?

B: Because he lost is pants privilege.

S: His pants privilege?

B: Ya.  Wearing pants is a privilege for this guy.

S: And why did he lose his "pants privilege"?

B: Because we've been through about 4 diapers in the last 30 minutes. (*I have to interject here and state that when LB starts fussing because he has a wet diaper, you better get that thing changed or else we are on the express train to meltdown city).

S: Ok (side eye).  You do realize it's about 20 degrees outside, right?   We don't have the heater up that high in here.

B: Ya that's why I'm wrapping the blanket around him like this. (Gives me the look of "I mean what else would I be doing?  This all makes perfect sense.")

At this point I just walked back into the kitchen shaking my head.  PANTS PRIVILEGE!  I feel like that is something that a d-bag guy would say to a girl to try to get her OUT of her pants.  Ridiculous!

Does this look like the face of someone about to lose his pants privilege?
Who? Me? I get to keep my pants, right?

No!!!!  Don't take my pants away!!!!  I want my pants!!!!


YAY! I get to keep my pants!!!


2 comments:

  1. Lol! I know EXACTLY how your husband feels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this out loud to my husband and told him that this is SO be a convo we would have if we had kids...He agreed ;)I can picture it EXACTLY in my head!

    ReplyDelete