Sunday, March 18, 2012

Would you pass?

I was reading over at Babble today and came across this "gem" of an article.  There was a 1939 survey as to how good of a spouse you are.  For each question, you earn demerits or merits and you come to an answer as to whether you are a good or bad spouse.  The wife side is just as antiquated as the husband side. 

Let's just say that I completely fail.  I wear red nail polish and my house is not always picked up.  I get annoyed about unexpected guests and I fail to darn socks.  FAIL!  However, I'm not sure B fares much better.

He doesn't give me an allowance OR turn over his paycheck (I guess this didn't take into consideration that I too work - NO EXCUSE!).  He rarely compliments my housekeeping (but regularly compliments my looks - even when wearing red nail polish GASP!).  He rarely helps with the dishes (but always with the boy).  He praises his bachelor days, but I can't say he regrets marrying (in that same vein, I too praise my single days).  He doesn't even leave me his car and he NEVER reads the newspaper, books or magazines aloud to me!  Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he gets a higher score than me, but I'm ok with that.  I am pretty sure that I have a higher score on the Husband list than I do on the wife list. 

How would you score?

2 comments:

  1. hmm, I got an 11, which is a FAIL too but i think it's rigged... no one can get a 76+... there aren't enough questions! Interesting though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I looked at it vetoed actually taking it :) because I know I would not do hot. I actually love being ready and I do right after the gym but thats not always before breakfast. Never have food on time :) well maybe thats an exaggeration. Love my kids. And sometimes I need to cool off when I am angry I don't believe in makeup sex just to makeup I think you should actually talk it out and if you are still heated you can't really talk through it rationally :) My husband is fabulous and I don't always give him as much credit as he deserves. But yes he would rank higher waaaayyy higher than me :) But I love the post. I think the quiz should be more similar not two seperate ones.

    ReplyDelete