Sunday, August 28, 2011

39 Weeks with a baby in my belly

 
Hubs asked me where my lawnchair, cigarette and beer were.  Apparently I looked all sorts of white trash in this pic lol.  Also, as my face has gotten fatter, my dimple has resurfaced lol.
 How Far Along: 39 weeks and 5 days

Size of baby: Around 20+ inches and close to 7+ pounds.  I fear that I am going to birth a gargantuan child
 
Total Weight Gain: 26 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Same ole Same.  The tank in this pic is non-maternity, but it was super long to begin with, but other than that lots of maternity tops (need to length) and maternity or elastic waistband pants

Gender: Still a boy - B Jr.

Movement: His movement has slowed because he doesn't have as much room anymore, but his movements are still there and he moves like he should.  We had a bit of a scare yesterday because the little guy didn't move much in the morning and into the afternoon, but he went CRAZY-TOWN last night and has moved a lot today so I'm not concerned.

Sleep: Sleep kind of sucks. I wake up a lot and I have trouble getting to sleep.  I am ready for my boy to be here and for him to keep me up instead of just the heat and being uncomfortable.

What I miss:  I miss the same things people miss at this point in their pregnancy.  I miss being able to move freely. I miss really exercising. I miss beer and sushi and wine.  I miss not having to go to the bathroom all the time. I miss tying my own shoes. I miss painting my own toenails. It's worth every second of things, but it doesn't mean that I don't miss things.
 
Cravings: Extra cold water and ice, sweets (especially fruit snacks), fruit in general and lately I've been having salt cravings.
.
Aversions: Mashed Potatoes (if they aren't super flavored), Chicken Wings and mint toothpaste. 

Symptoms: A bit of insomnia, sore ribs, unquenchable thirst, exhaustion, sore feet and contractions.  OH and a seemingly never empty bladder and a constantly growing belly lol.  The contractions are the most common thing. They pretty much come every night and are fairly regular, but then I go to sleep and wake up and they are gone.  Major bummer!
 
Best Moment of the Week: Lunch on Friday.  I went to Queenie's (SHOCKING!) and they had a roasted red pepper, tomato, basil and goat cheese grilled cheese.  Oh Sweet Jesus it was incredible!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting to TUESDAY.  Tuesday is my due date and if my little mad doesn't show up before then it's my last day of work until after my maternity leave. It's time.  Oh ya and getting to meet my baby boy - whenever he decides to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment