Saturday, August 13, 2011

31 Weeks and Growing

I couldn't manage to get a decent picture today so I am going to give you all a couple mediocre photos and take note that I really need to do a better job at filling in my eyebrows since they have apparently bleached out a bit already this summer.
The bathroom at work seriously has the WORST lighting EVER




How Far Along: 31 weeks and 1 day

Size of baby: All the sites say he's about 16 inches, but he probably weighs more than my updates say since they already estimated him at 4 lbs last week.

Total Weight Gain: Probably about 21 or 22 at this point - depends on when I weigh myself and what I ate the day before (on heavy sodium days I retain water like it's my job for the next day or 2).

Maternity Clothes: Can't complain about stretchy clothes and they're pretty much all I wear - except for cardigans.

Gender: Still a boy - B Jr.

Movement: He's my little wiggler/soccer star/mixed martial artist.   Yesterday he decided it would be fun to punch and headbutt Mama in the cervix all day. Guess who did NOT think that was fun?  It is kind of cool knowing that I can now distinguish between how his hands feel when they punch me and how his feet feel when they kick me.  Last night Hubs got his first high-five from the little guy (aka his hands were on my stomach and little man punched my stomach).

Sleep: Sleep is sleep.  I just have to get it when I can and as much as I can.  I have accepted that I get up every couple hours to hit the restroom.  I suppose it's just training for the months after little man gets here. I also can't go back to sleep once Hubs' alarm goes off/he gets in the shower.  Now, I don't get out of bed, but I just lay there thinking about my day and, some mornings, feel my little man move around.


What I miss:  Sleeping on my back.  I'm still comfortable like that, but sometimes I do feel a little light headed (guess it's that whole circulation thing) so I try not to do it.  That and if I do and Hubs sees me, all I hear is "WIFE! Get off your back.  THE BABY!"  He sure loves his son already ;) 
 
Cravings: I like food.  Sometimes I feel like Phoebe from Friends when she was pregnant because I've eaten/wanted to eat more red meat in the last 31 weeks than I have in probably the last 3 years (on average).

Aversions: Mashed Potatoes (if they aren't super flavored), Chicken Wings and mint toothpaste. 

Symptoms: I start getting tired around 8:30pm, I think my belly gets bigger every single day, a bit of nesting and my short fuse.
Best Moment of the Week: Making a plan to get things done with the nursery, ordering new coffee and end tables for the living room (our anniversary gift for each other) and knowing that I have a nice long weekend ahead of me.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Ordering my recliner this weekend and organizing what we currently have in the nursery and maybe cleaning out a few other areas of the house.

I think I am going to put together a Favorite and Least Favorite parts of being pregnant.  I have had an incredibly easy and blessed pregnancy, but that doesn't mean that there aren't things that I haven't been such a fan - although I acknowledge that it will all be worth it once my little man is here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment