![]() | |||||
| Please excuse the toilet in the background and the sink in the foreground. |
How Far Along: 18 Weeks (I guess I missed 17 weeks - seriously nothing different happened between 16 and 17 weeks minus 1-2 pounds)
Size of baby: It says the baby is the size of an sweet potato, but last week it was the size of an onion. The baby is supposed to be measuring at 5.6 inches and 6.7 ounces. This kid doubled its weight in the last two weeks, which probably explains why I have been STARVING lately.
Total Weight Gain: I think I've gained 4ish pounds since my last appointment, but I didn't gain any between my 13 and 16 weeks appointments and then I had only gained 2 so we'll say I'm up about 6. We'll find out a week from Wednesday!
Maternity Clothes: I am all about maternity pants. Why did no one tell me about the greatness of elastic waistbands that aren't all scrunched. I seriously love them I'm in all of my regular shirts still. I have a few maternity shirts, but I am nowhere near big enough for them yet.
Gender: We find out on April 13 :) That is a week (+ a couple days) people! Not that I'm excited or anything. I just want to be able to call my baby by a name. Like I've said before, we know our boy name (after Hubs), but we apparently did NOT decide on a girl name. So now here we are discussing names again. I just want to call my baby by a name. I feel like Hubs isn't willing to commit to a girl name until we know it is a girl. I have no inclination as to what it might be.
Movement: I am pretty sure I've been feeling movement for a little under a week, but I just can't be sure because it isn't constant and I don't really know what it is that I am supposed to be feeling.
Sleep: Totally not an issue. I love me some sleep.
What I miss: Last week I missed beer. I thought about it A LOT! I'm better this week
Cravings: Lately I've been eating a lot of peanut butter-honey-banana sandwiches. They sure hit the spot. Also, I tend to eat two breakfasts these days and I am LOVING the breakfast burritos from across from my office. SO GOOD! I've also wanted biscuits and gravy lately, but not a GOTTAHAVEITRIGHTNOW feeling.
Aversions: Mashed Potatoes and Chicken Wings still. Also, I have a lot of issues with food smells from the refrigerator. It is what it is. (no change there)
Symptoms: Just some round ligament pain here and there, nothing else really. I still get gaggy easily, but other than that it's all good.
Best Moment of the Week: Being pretty sure that I felt my baby moving around in me. I get a little smile on my face whenever I feel the little one move :)
What I’m looking forward to: Finding out our baby's sex next week. It's hard to believe that I'm almost halfway through my pregnancy, but then again it doesn't seem to go fast enough. I am also looking forward to the moment when my bump outgrows my booty. Frankly, it appears as though the booty is not going to stop growing (or is just sticking out more than usual).
No comments:
Post a Comment