How Far Along: 16 Weeks (I'll be 17 weeks on Tuesday)
Size of baby: It says the baby is the size of an avocado, but last week it was the size of a naval orange. I don't know about you, but the naval oranges I've been eating are a lot bigger than avocados. That being said, the baby is supposed to be measuring at 4.6 inches and 3.5 ounces. The crazy thing about that is that I think I was only about 18 inches or something like that when I was born and that doesn't seem much bigger that 4 inches.
Total Weight Gain: Apparently I don't know how to read a scale/remember how much I weighed at 13 weeks because I was at the doctor on Wednesday and she told me that I hadn't gained any weight since my last appointment. I FEEL like I've gained about 80 pounds and I FEEL heavier, but apparently it's all in my head.
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing a mix. I have one pair of work pants that can still button until the end of the day and one or 2 that are still comfortable with the Bella Band. All of my jeans are way too uncomfortable to wear with the Bella Band and the rubber band trick. Most of my shirts still fit. Some are a little tighter than before, but they still work. That being said, I ventured into the Gap on Wednesday and picked up 3 pairs of maternity jeans and 2 pairs of black work pants. HOLY GOD BLESS MATERNITY PANTS! Seriously, why did no one tell me how awesome those things are? I don't ever want to go back to regular pants lol.
Gender: We find out on April 13 :) I will have to come up with some fun way to tell yall when I find out, but I don't think I'll be showing the ultrasound. I'm not sure why, but I just can't do it. I don't mind seeing other people's, but I'm not sure I want to put mine on there. Weird, I know.
Movement: Still can't feel anything, but apparently it will be coming in the next few weeks.
Sleep:Sleep happens when I lay down. It's been a little off this week because I've had some serious allergy issues this week and have to prop myself up in order to breathe.
What I miss: Nothing really right now. I miss cooking. I just have no desire to do so and a lot of meat makes me sick when it's cooking :(
Cravings: Nothing in particular. I still love chocolate milk :)
Aversions: Mashed Potatoes and Chicken Wings still. Also, I have a lot of issues with food smells from the refrigerator. It is what it is.
Symptoms: This has been a pretty good week. My headaches seem to have subsided. I haven't really had pregnancy symptoms this week, but if I have they have probably been masked by the allergy symptoms.
Best Moment of the Week: Going to the doctor and hearing my baby's precious heartbeat. Hubs couldn't be there so I recorded the sound. I just love it :)
What I’m looking forward to: Finding out our baby's sex next month. Also, today Hubs and I are going to the Texas v. Oakland game this morning. As you can see below, I am wearing my Longhorn Orange shirt :) HOOK 'EM!
![]() |
| Please excuse the messy counter in my bathroom and the fat arm I have apparently developed. Free weights, here I come. |

No comments:
Post a Comment