Saturday, August 13, 2011

Baby's First Party

Last Friday, Hubs and I had a full day of work/school then jumped in the car around 5:15 and headed to St. Louis for a whirlwind weekend!  We got to my parents' house around 11:45 and it took just about all I have in me to have some polite conversation with the parents before I ran downstairs, washed my face, brushed my teeth, set an alarm (had to be at my first shower at 10 the next morning) and immediately passed out.  The alarm went off promptly at 7:30 the next morning and I begrudgingly dragged myself out of bed and into the shower.  We had to leave my parents' house at 9:30 to make it to the shower.  So, I grab some fruit to tide me over until we get to the shower and get ready.  Hubs forgot his hair gel at home so I had to use some hairspray on him.  He was unsure about that, but it worked just fine.  My bestie, Erin, threw me a shower at this great place in Lafayette Square in St. Louis called Sqwires.  I HIGHLY recommend it for breakfast/brunch if you're ever in St. Louis (I'm sure lunch and dinner are also good, but we didn't sample those fares).  The quiche was TO. DIE. FOR.


Gift table - little Bryan is so loved already :)


The food was so good!!
One of the tables

Dad, Aunt Angela, Mom and Katie

Hubs with his hairsprayed hair.  The husbands/boyfriends/fiances were invited to the shower too.
We got a lot of photo books (and apparently 4in heels + 100 degree heat + 90% humidity = Suzanne's swollen legs.  Dislike).

I love this play mat.  It may or may not have been on Pregnant in Heels and that may or may not be why I registered for it.

Erin's (on the left) dad makes homemade gifts for everyone - usually something involving leather and wood.  He made B Jr. a leather bag and put lots of blocks into it.  This was the only gift that almost made me cry.  He also wrote quotes on the bottom of the bag.  It was incredibly sweet.  And WTF Hubs' legs look really long.

Erin and her husband, Dave, got B Jr. a baby Patagonia fleece jacket for this winter.  It is so precious!
Erin, me and Katie. 

Elaina has a 5 month old.  I to look like her 5 months after this little guy gets here.  

After the shower, Hubs ran home with my parents to do some homework and I headed out to run some errands.  Hubs and I were going to Elaina's house for dinner so I had to pick up some cupcakes for dessert.  Then I had to run to Massage Envy to get gift cards for my mom's birthday from me, Hubs and Dad.  Then I realized that we left my mom's bday card in Tulsa so I ran to the grocery store next to Massage Envy to grab a card and some Gerber Daisies for Mom.  While I was there I got some stamps too, then ran to Jack in the Box to grab some tacos for Hubs and me for a late lunch.  I got home around 2:30 and had to leave again around 3:15 to go meet Erin and Dave and hangout for a while before we headed out to Elaina's for dinner and they had to run to a wedding reception. 

I wish that I had taken pictures of all of the wonderful food Elaina made.  She made a delicious lasagna w/ fresh sauce, a wonderful salad and some great bread.  Then we had cupcakes for dessert, I got to watch part of the Cardinals game and play with Elaina's son and then we headed to our high school for the roast of the couple who put on the musicals at my high school.  I was really involved in musical theatre in high school.  The shows have been put on for the last 20 years by a couple and in the last 5 or 6 years their kids have started working too (they are in their 30s).  Susan was such an impact in my life and Jac was my vocal teacher for years.  I didn't get any good pics from the event, but I did get a pic of me and my name tags.  Yes, I said "tags", as in plural. We had name tags for the event so I wrote ones for me and Hubs.  Then I saw Hubs writing on and I said "Hey, I already have one for you."  Then he slapped me on the belly (not hard) I then had a name tag on my belly that said "B Jr." on it.  Well everyone thought it said "BJ" b/c Hubs has horrible handwriting.  Frustrating!  My son will NOT be called BJ.  End. Of. Story.

Me, my puffy face and two name tags.  I was accused of not being proud of my son when I took his tag off.
 The roast ended around 11:30 and Hubs and I headed back to my parents' house (30 minutes away) and, once again, immediately crashed.  We woke up the next morning around 8 and hit the road around 10.  It was a long weekend but so much fun.  About 20 minutes after we got to Tulsa, my brother showed up with all of his stuff and his dog ready to start his internship the next day (Monday) and we settled into the house.  I'll have to do a new pregnancy update on Thursday.  I am 28 weeks today and go to the doctor tomorrow so we'll get a check up on my stats.  I hope everyone had a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment